Thursday, January 24, 2013

Raw cookie dough bites



http://www.adashofcompassion.com/2011/01/raw-cookie-dough-bites/

My intentions were to make these as birthday treats for K (our anaphylaxis peanut allergy kid) since buying treats isn't an option and I wanted to do something different. Thankfully for hubs and I the kids didn't like them! WE LOVE these- keep them in the freezer for a perfect little sweet treat (although not so "healthy")

I made these almost exactly to her recipe, but I didn't make mine "raw". I just used rolled oats and I used dark chocolate chips instead of cacao or carob nibs, so here is my slightly varied recipe.

Raw cookie dough bites




Ingredients
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw rolled oats
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips

Instructions
In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
Next, add the chocolate chips and pulse just to combine.
Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment